Jason G. Shore
Jason G. Shore is an associate with Mevorah Law Offices LLC concentrating his practice in litigation of complex family law matters, immigration, and bankruptcy. Mr. Shore is also fluent in Spanish.
Mr. Shore is acutely aware that when an individual contacts Mevorah Law Offices LLC about a legal problem, that for the client it is also a personal problem. In addition to litigating or negotiating settlements in many major cases, Mr. Shore is a skilled listener who is adept at developing and implementing cost effective and winning strategies.
Mr. Shore represents divorce and parentage clients in settlement negotiations, pre-trials, hearings, and trials. Mr. Shore is also appointed by the Court to represent minors in custody proceedings. As an appointed guardian for the children (referred to as a Guardian Ad Litem or GAL), Mr. Shore represents the minor children, conducts an investigation for the Court, and provides the Court with a report/recommendation as to the best interests of the children. Mr. Shore's efforts are relied upon by the Court and his experience as a GAL is invaluable to potential clients looking for an attorney in a divorce or parentage case.
It is all too common for fathers to be illegally denied visitation or for mothers to be unjustly denied child support for the care and upbringing of their children. Mr. Shore has successfully gained visitation and financial support for dozens of parents and ex-spouses through zealous advocacy and an assertive courtroom demeanor.
As an associate attorney at Mevorah Law Offices LLC, Mr. Shore drafted successful applications for Permanent Resident Cards (also known as "Green Cards"), Work Permits, and U.S. Citizenship. Mr. Shore's experience in immigration law includes family-based visa applications, motions to reopen and reconsider denials of visa/status applications, representing clients at immigration interviews, and representing clients at removal/deportation proceedings.
As a member of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Mr. Shore is adept at assisting clients with evaluating whether or not bankruptcy is a prudent financial decision. He regularly assists clients in determining whether to file a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy. When the decision is made to file for bankruptcy, Mr. Shore assists his clients through the entire process by preparing the application, attending meetings of creditors, and fighting for his client's chance for a fresh financial start.
Mr. Shore is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and the Illinois State Bar Association.
"I can't tell you how much I appreciate all you have done for our family. You have been so gracious, so kind and helpful, and treated us not just as clients, but as friends. We will recommend you highly and think very highly of you ourselves."
- State of Illinois, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- Chicago Bar Association, 2010
- DuPage County Bar Association, 2010
- Decalogue Society, 2010
- DePaul University College of Law - Chicago, IL
Juris Doctor, conferred May 2010
- Recipient, Moot Court Society Scholarship, 2008; Recipient, Dean's Merit Scholarship, 2008
- Recipient, CALI Award for top student in Legal Analysis Research and Communication III, 2009
- Member, Moot Court Society; Finalist, Appellate Moot Court Competition, 2008
- President, DePaul Decalogue Society, 2008-2009; Member, Phi Alpha Delta (PAD)
- The University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in Spanish, conferred cum laude May 2006
- Recipient, Dean's Scholarship for Study Abroad, 2005; Recipient, Undergraduate Activities Senator of the Year Award, 2003
- Vice President, University of Iowa Student Government, 2004-2005
- Study Abroad, National University Andres Bello in Santiago, Chile, Fall 2005