Laura A. Childs
Laura Childs has been the senior worker's compensation attorney at Mevorah Law Offices, LLC for over 20 years, focusing on workers' compensation claims, appeals and third party personal injury cases arising out of workplace accidents. Ms. Childs has dedicated her practice to fighting to ensure injured workers' receive the highest compensation possible under Illinois Law. Ms. Childs has successfully represented thousands of injured workers throughout her career receiving tens of thousands of dollars in penalty awards from arbitrators at the Illinois Industrial Commission against employers for not making timely weekly benefit payments to injured workers or failing to pay their medical bills promptly.
Ms. Childs aggressively negotiates with employer's insurance companies and successfully litigates workers' compensation and third party injury claims to help clients recover financial compensation for medical expenses, lost wages and permanent partial or permanent total disability as a result of injuries on the job. Ms. Childs also advocates for vocational rehabilitation and weekly maintenance benefits in cases where workers are unable to return to the same job because of their work injuries. A significant portion of her practice is devoted to skillfully assisting clients with work related injuries when benefits are denied or disputes arise about the nature and extent of injuries.
Ms. Childs also zealously represents clients who have been injured in ways that did not involve their employment such as auto accidents, slip and fall injuries as well as premise liability cases. Ms. Childs prides herself on being a tenacious advocate for her clients and whole heartedly believes in the ideology expressed by Winston Churchill " Never, never, never give up".
"Carpenter engaged in repetitive activity with regard to his arms on job injured -arm required surgery. Could not return to former occupation because of permament restrictions. Went through vocational rehabilitation and was assisted with finding new job within his restictions. His pay was $10.00 an hour, which was substantially less than he was earning before. He received a wage loss differential settlement of $375,000.00."
- Frank Leonard Laport & Associates, Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Attorney
- Law Offices of Maurice Klee, Fairfield, CT, U.S. Patent Law Intern
- State Attorney's Office, New Haven, CT, Criminal Court Intern
- United States Attorney's Office, Bridgeport, CT, Intern
- Illinois, 1994
- B.A. Communications and Media Studies, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
- J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Moot Court Honor Society
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- DuPage County Bar Association
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers
- Workers' Compensation Law Association
Honors and Awards:
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 10 Best Female Attorneys, Illinois, 2016