We speak: flagEnglish, flagSpanish, flagPolish, flagUrdu
Call us

Free Consultation


DuPage County Temporary Visa Attorney

Immigration Attorneys for Assistance in Obtaining Temporary Nonimmigrant Visas in Illinois

Temporary visas are available to foreign nationals who want to come to the United States for a limited time and for a specific purpose. For example, if you want to work in the U.S., study here, conduct business, or just come for a short vacation, you can apply for a temporary nonimmigrant visa. There are numerous categories for nonimmigrants who want to enter the U.S., and you must make sure you are applying in the right category for your purpose. You will also need to submit full and complete documentation. To increase your chances of approval, it is best to work with an experienced immigration lawyer.

At Mevorah & Giglio Law Offices, we provide skilled guidance for clients applying for temporary visas to come to the United States. Our award-winning attorneys have in-depth knowledge of all matters related to immigration, including temporary nonimmigrant visas, family-based visas, employment-based visas, naturalization, deportation/removal, and asylum. We have extensive experience representing clients who need to respond to matters involving U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and we put this experience to work to examine your case thoroughly and determine the best path forward for accomplishing your immigration goals.

Common Categories of Temporary Visas

There are categories of nonimmigrant visas covering all types of temporary visitors to the U.S., including career diplomats (A and G visas), treaty traders and investors (E1/E2 visas), entertainers and athletes (P visas), Reporters and foreign media (I visas), religious workers (R visas), those continuously transiting through the U.S. (C visas), and many others. Some of the most common temporary nonimmigrant visas include:

  • Tourist and Visitor Visas (B1/B2): This visa is for temporary visitors to the United States. The B1 visa is for business travelers. The B2 visa is for tourists, domestic employees, those visiting friends and family, and those who need to come to the U.S. for a medical emergency.
  • Student Visas (F and M): F visas are for foreign nationals who wish to enroll in a full-time USCIS-approved academic study or language program. M visas are for those who wish to enroll in a full-time USCIS-approved vocational or non-academic (other than language) program.
  • Specialized Employment Visas (H-1B): This temporary visa is for workers sponsored by a U.S. company and entering an occupation that requires specialized training and a minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
  • Fiancé Visas (K): These temporary visas are available for those entering the country for the purposing of marrying a U.S. citizen. Once a couple is married, they must apply for an adjustment of status from nonimmigrant to immigrant.
  • Cultural Exchange Visitor Visas (J): These visas are available for visitors coming to the U.S. to study, train, or work as part of an officially recognized cultural exchange program.

Contact Our Lombard Temporary Visa Lawyers

The requirements for approval for a temporary visa will vary depending on the category you are applying for. In general, successful applicants are able to show strong ties to their country of origin, a strong likelihood they will return at the end of their approved stay in the U.S., and the financial wherewithal to support themselves while staying here. At Mevorah & Giglio Law Offices, we thoroughly examine the circumstances of each client to help ensure that they will be able to meet the specific requirements for approval in their desired category. For a free consultation with one of our skilled Illinois immigration lawyers, contact our office today at 630-932-9100.

badge badge badge badge badge badge badge badge
Back to Top