We speak: flagEnglish, flagSpanish, flagPolish, flagUrdu
Call us

Free Consultation


DuPage County Tourist and Visitor Visa Attorney

Immigration Attorneys Helping Clients with Non-Immigrant Tourist and Visitor Visas in Illinois

Foreign nationals who want to come to the United States as tourists or visitors may apply for a B2 non-immigrant (visitor) visa. Tourist and visitor visas are temporary visas that are granted for a specific purpose, and they are valid for a specified length of time. To be approved for a B2 visa, you must meet certain requirements and demonstrate to a U.S. consular officer that you should be admitted to the United States. To find out if a B2 visa is a good option for you or a family member, it is best to speak with a skilled immigration attorney.

Mevorah & Giglio Law Offices has several decades of experience helping foreign nationals become approved for tourist and visitor visas for temporary stays in Chicago area, Northern Illinois, and throughout the U.S. Our award-winning attorneys frequently represent clients in matters involving USCIS and ICE for all types of immigration cases, and we have a strong track record of success dealing with these agencies. We are highly acclaimed not only for our experience and skill, but also for our client-centered approach. We understand the confusion and frustration involved in dealing with large and bureaucratic government agencies, and we put our experience to work to provide a strong voice for each client we serve.

Tourist and Visitor Visa Requirements

B2 visas are issued to foreign nationals who want to enter the U.S. temporarily for pleasure. B2 visas are valid for up to six months, and visa holders may apply for one extension for a total stay of one year. Valid reasons for seeking a visitor visa include:

  • Tourism;
  • Visiting Family and/or Friends;
  • Attending a Certain Event (such as a wedding or funeral); and
  • Seeking Medical Treatment.

It is important to note that B2 visas are not issued for those who plan to travel to the United States for business trips. Toreign nationals who want to come to the U.S. to conduct temporary business should apply for a B1 (business) visa.

To be approved for a tourist/visitor visa, you must submit a visa application, pay a non-refundable fee, and schedule an interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. At the interview, your application will be reviewed by the consular officer, and you will be asked several questions to determine whether you are eligible for a visitor visa. To be successful in gaining approval, you must demonstrate the following:

  • Financial Wherewithal: Bank statements and other financial records are critical to show that you are financially capable of traveling to the U.S. and supporting yourself while you are in the coutnry.
  • Maintenance of a Foreign Residence: Because tourist and visitor visas are temporary, it is important to have a permanent residence in another country, ideally one that you own rather than rent.
  • Strong Ties to your Home Country: The deciding factor in granting a B2 visa is how likely you are to return home when your stay in the U.S. is completed. For this reason, showing sufficient ties to your home country, such as family members you are leaving behind, permanent employment, meaningful business activities, and other such commitments, is essential.

Contact Our Bloomingdale Visitor Visa Lawyers

Individuals who want to come to the U.S. on a non-immigrant tourist/visitor visa must file a full and complete application and be well-prepared for their visa interview. At Mevorah & Giglio Law Offices, we work closely with foreign nationals and their stateside family members to ensure they have a better chance of securing positive results when applying for visas. For a free consultation with one of our experienced Illinois immigration attorneys, contact our office today at 630-932-9100.

badge badge badge badge badge badge badge badge
Back to Top