Bradley C. Giglio
Bradley Giglio is an experienced trial attorney with more than ten years of trial experience. He spends time with his clients, carefully understanding what they need and what they are seeking, and brings all of his experience to bear in fighting on their behalf. Mr. Giglio's success speaks for itself in the many examples of how he has helped his clients obtain positive outcomes in difficult situations. In 2020 Bradley Giglio was named a Partner at the firm.
Mr. Giglio successfully tried an Order of Protection case for his client whose ex-husband was using the children as a means to harass her while avoiding prosecution by the State’s Attorney. After the Order of Protection was entered against the ex-husband, he appealed the case to try and get it thrown out. Mr. Giglio stood by his client and had the experience and ability to continue fighting in the Appellate Court. Mr. Giglio defended the appeal and was successful in keeping the Order of Protection for his client. When the Order of Protection was due to expire, Mr. Giglio traveled to a separate county and once again went to a hearing for his client and obtained an extension of the Order of Protection. It was then that Mr. Giglio's goal was realized in the peace that his client gained through the Order of Protection. Mr. Giglio successfully defended a client who was being deported in Immigration Court for having committed a criminal offense. He carefully reviewed the client's case and filed documents to Cancel the Removal Proceeding. After compiling an extensive hardship packet and presenting the documentation to the Court, the removal proceeding was stopped and the client’s Permanent Resident status was reinstated. The client is now able to remain in the United States with his two children.
Mr. Giglio has successfully defended clients charged with criminal offenses in Federal and State Court charged with Felonies and Misdemeanors including charges of Delivery of a Controlled Substance, Domestic Battery, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Possession with intent to Deliver, Aggravated Battery, Robbery, DUI, traffic, among other offenses. Mr. Giglio also successfully assisted a client who came to Mr. Giglio when his Asylum case was being denied after having been in this country for 25 years. Mr. Giglio identified another avenue for the client to remain in the United States, filed for NICARA relief, obtained Permanent Resident status for his client, and his client has been allowed to remain in the United States with his family.
"My thanks to the professionalism and the expeditious handling of our case with a crucial time frame. We had contacted a different Lawyer and had growing concern of the possible outcome of the case. With two days notice, Bradley Giglio took time late in his day to meet with us. The direction Bradley took was different than what the other attorney was taking, & amazingly the outcome could not have been better. Thank you. We feel very fortunate to have come across your firm & Bradley in particular." - L.W., client
At Mevorah & Giglio Law Offices, Mr. Giglio focuses on litigation, bringing his criminal and civil trial experience in DuPage, Cook, Will and Champaign Counties. He is a rising star, asked to manage this twelve-attorney law firm because of his courtroom and management experience as well as his client-centered approach to his practice.
Mr. Giglio is a born litigator and is a “go-getter,” having tried several jury trials before even graduating law school. He enhanced his trial ability as a prosecutor with the Cook County State’s Attorney for seven years and as an associate with the Mevorah & Giglio Law Offices. In the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office Mr. Giglio handled criminal appeals including arguing several cases before the First District Court of Appeals, serving in the Felony Trial Division, and serving in a specialized unit handling sex offenses committed by offenders in a position of authority such as priests or police officers and cases where the offender sexually assaulted more than one victim. Mr. Giglio underwent negotiation training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, Virginia, and interned with the U.S. Army JAG Corps where he assisted in the defense of a Sergeant being Court Martialed. He has also been trained in computer and internet crimes, specifically in search and recovery and forensic investigations at the Regional Computer Forensic Laboratory (RCFL) in Chicago. Mr. Giglio has also received training at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children related to online crimes against children.
Mr. Giglio's commitment and attention to his clients comes from his advocacy work for the Office of Women’s Programs at the University of Illinois as a Campus Acquaintance Rape Educator and Instructor. His ability to connect with clients and address their needs earned him Client Counseling Champion at the University of Illinois College of Law. Mr. Giglio has also dedicated his time to the free legal clinic at the University of Illinois-College of Law where he handled divorces for women victimized by domestic violence and obtained social security/disability benefits for a severely disabled person. Mr. Giglio prepares each of his cases for trial and is ready to go to trial to fully represent his client’s interests.
- Cook County State’s Attorney, Assistant State’s Attorney, 2000-2007
- Campus Acquaintance Rape Educator, Office of Women’s Programs, University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana, 1995-2000
- Champaign County State’s Attorney, Intern and 7-11, 1998-2000
- Federal Bureau of Investigations, Honors Intern, 1999
- Critical Incident Response Group, Crisis Negotiation Unit
- Training as crisis negotiator
- Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Army JAG Corps, Legal Intern, 1998
- State of Illinois Bar, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2007
- Trial Bar for the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2009
- DuPage Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Chicago Bar Association
- B.S. in Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Dean’s List
- Big Ten Track and Field
- Champaign Police Department Citizen Commendation
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, Urbana-Champaign
- Client Counseling Champion
- Rickert Public Service Award
- Altgeld Outstanding Academic Achievement Scholarship
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Alexandria, VA
- Regional Computer Forensic Lab - North East Multi-Regional Training, Chicago, IL
- Digital Evidence Processing
- Image Scanning Software
- Khan v. Fatima, No. 12–1692 (7th Cir. May 4, 2012)
Honors and Awards:
- Avvo Client's Choice Award, 2017
- Winner of the DuPage Legal Assistance Foundation 2010-2011 Pro Bono Service Award
- Elite Lawyer, 2018-Present