Call us

Free Consultation


Recent blog posts

DuPage County Commercial Truck Accident LawyersEvery year, thousands of people are killed or injured in truck accidents, and in many cases, commercial truck crashes are caused by improperly maintained equipment. These accidents can be devastating, leaving victims with life-altering injuries and significant financial burdens. If you have been involved in a truck accident, an experienced attorney can help you determine whether equipment failures occurred and whether the collision was caused by negligence on the part of the truck driver, their employer, or other parties.

Common Types of Equipment Failures That May Result in Truck Crashes

Semi-trailer trucks have multiple types of complex equipment that must be regularly inspected and maintained. Failure to perform maintenance when required may lead to the failure of important systems, and dangerous truck accidents may occur as a result. Some of the most common types of truck equipment that may break down and cause accidents include:

  • Tires - Truck accidents may occur because of tire blowouts. This can happen when a truck's tires are not properly inflated, have worn treads, or have been damaged in some way. When a tire blows out while a truck is traveling at a high speed, the driver may lose control of the vehicle, resulting in a serious accident.


DuPage County Lawyer Assisting with Temporary VisasThe United States is known as the land of opportunity, attracting millions of individuals and families from all over the globe. There are a variety of options for those who wish to come to the U.S. While some people may receive sponsorship for immigrant visas from family members or employers, allowing them to live in the United States permanently, others may seek temporary visas that will allow for short-term stays in the country. By understanding the types of non-immigrant visas that may be available, individuals can determine their options as they seek authorization to enter the United States.

Categories of Non-Immigrant Visas

Temporary visas will generally allow for a short-term stay in the U.S., and different types of non-immigrant visas will be available for different purposes. These include:

  • Student visas - Those who intend to pursue academic studies in the United States will require these types of visas. There are two categories of student visas: F-1 and M-1. The F-1 visa is for individuals who wish to study at a U.S. college, university, high school, elementary school, or other academic institution. The M-1 visa, on the other hand, is for students who wish to enroll in vocational or nonacademic programs. To apply for a student visa, a person will need to be accepted for enrollment to a school or program that is approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Students will generally be allowed to remain in the United States while they are pursuing education, and they may also apply for work authorization. F-1 visa holders will be required to leave the country within 60 days after completing a study program and any practical training that has been authorized. M-1 visa holders will be required to depart within 30 days after the completion of their program.


DuPage County Spousal Support Divorce AttorneysRegardless of the specific circumstances of your case, your divorce is likely to be a stressful experience. Separating from your spouse will require you to make major changes in your life, and the way you handle your finances will need to be adjusted. As you determine how to address financial issues during and after your divorce, you may need to look at the role that spousal support will play in your case. Spousal support, which is also known as alimony or spousal maintenance, is financial support that is provided by one spouse to the other, and it may be paid both during the divorce process and for a certain amount of time after a divorce is finalized. By understanding how spousal maintenance is handled in Illinois divorce cases, you can make sure arrangements will be put in place that will ensure your ongoing financial success.

When Will Spousal Support Be Awarded in an Illinois Divorce?

In Illinois, spousal maintenance will generally only be appropriate if financial support is necessary to help one spouse maintain a standard of living that is similar to that they had during their marriage. That is, spousal support is based on need, and it will not be awarded as a penalty for any actions taken by either spouse during their marriage or divorce.

Usually, a person will request spousal support if they believe that they will be unable to fully meet their own needs after separating from their spouse. If there is a significant disparity in the incomes earned by each party, spousal maintenance may be appropriate to ensure that the lower-earning spouse will be able to maintain their standard of living. Spousal support may also be appropriate in situations where one spouse has been a stay-at-home parent or has been out of the workforce while they were married. In addition to situations where a spouse asks the court to award spousal support, there are cases where a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement may state that alimony will be paid in the event of divorce, and these agreements will usually be followed unless they would be especially unfair to one party.


Naperville, IL Swimming Pool Drowning Injury LawyerAs summer approaches, Illinois residents are preparing for a variety of outdoor activities, including spending time in and around water. Swimming pools and water parks can provide much-needed relief from the summer heat, but they also present certain risks, including the possibility of drowning. When life-threatening accidents involving drowning occur at swimming pools or water parks, victims and their loved ones can work with a personal injury attorney to determine who may be held liable for failing to protect their safety.

Liability for Drowning Injuries Caused by Negligence

In general, a property owner is responsible for ensuring that their premises are safe for visitors to enter and use. Companies that own water parks or public pools and homeowners with private pools are required to take the necessary measures to protect people's safety, including providing supervision when needed and ensuring that all equipment and facilities are properly maintained. Victims who were injured because of a property owner's negligence may be able to pursue compensation through a premises liability claim or lawsuit.

Some situations in which property owners may be liable for drowning injuries include:


Naperville, IL Citizenship LawyerMany immigrants dream of becoming American citizens. Citizenship comes with many benefits, such as the right to vote and the ability to travel internationally with a United States passport. However, the process of obtaining citizenship can be complicated and lengthy. One of the main concerns for many immigrants is understanding how long they will need to wait before applying for citizenship. The wait times will depend on a few factors, and by understanding the procedures that will need to be followed, immigrants can make sure they can attain citizenship as quickly as possible.

Requirements for Applying for U.S. Citizenship

Immigrants can obtain citizenship through a process known as naturalization in which they will submit an application, provide documentation showing that they meet all eligibility requirements, take tests demonstrating a knowledge of the English language and the U.S. government, and take an Oath of Allegiance. The wait times that will apply before a person can apply for citizenship will depend on how an immigrant is classified:

  • Lawful permanent residents - In general, a person who has entered the United States on an immigrant visa and received a Green Card will be able to apply for citizenship if they have maintained lawful permanent resident status for five years. Before filing their application, they must have maintained continuous residence in the U.S. for at least five years. A person is allowed to spend some time outside of the country, as long as their primary home is in the U.S., and they must show that they were physically present in the United States for at least 30 months during the five years before applying for naturalization.

badge badge badge badge badge badge badge
Back to Top